PROFESSOR GREGORY GILBERTSON (RET.)
- Master’s degree, Justice Administration – Columbus College, (Columbus State University) Columbus, GA, 1993
- Bachelor’s degree, History – University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1982
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center SWAT Certification Course, 02/05/1993
- U.S. Army Military Police School SWAT Training Course, 02/26/1993
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center SWAT Sub-machine Gun Course, 05/12/1993
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center Police Tactical Rifle Course, 03/11/1994
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center Shotgun Skills Course, 08/03/1994
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center VIP Executive Protection Course, 06/30/1993
- Georgia Public Safety Training Center Criminal Procedures Course, 04/10/1992
- Advanced Interviews & Interrogations I, Columbus College, 12/11/1992
- Advanced Interviews & Interrogations II, Columbus College, 09/03/1993
- Pierce County Center for Dispute Resolution Mediation Training Course, 07/24/1998
EXPERT WITNESS & PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, Gilbertson Investigations Inc., Olympia, WA – 08/2002–present. CEO and owner of a private investigation agency specializing in expert witness and criminal defense casework.
PROFESSOR OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE (tenured), Centralia College, Centralia, WA – 09/1999–03/2022. Developed and instructs undergraduate Criminal Justice courses to degree seeking students at a Washington State community college.
SENIOR LECTURER OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE, Brandman University, Lacey, WA – 08/2010–12/2016. Instructed criminal justice courses to undergraduate students at Brandman University, a division of the Chapman University System.
INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, MPRI / Engility, Inc., Kabul, Afghanistan – 11/2008–12/2009. Served as NATO Liaison and Senior Mentor to Afghan National Police Academy. Advised the academy commander on all aspects of daily operations. Directly responsible for 50 million-dollar in academy renovation projects. Collaborated with Ministry of Interior to develop Afghan National Police policy and procedure manual.
INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, MPRI/ Engility, Inc., Baghdad & Basra, Iraq – 05/2005–06/2006. Supervised instruction of 500 Iraqi police cadets as Deputy Director of the United Kingdom’s Basrah Training College. Also served as a Curriculum Specialist for the Baghdad Police College
SENIOR LECTURER OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE, Saint Martin’s University, Lacey, WA – 05/1997–11/2008. Instructed criminal justice courses to undergraduate students at Joint Base Lewis – McChord campus.
GUARDIAN AD LITEM, Pierce County Superior Court, Tacoma, WA – 09/1997–09/1999. Conducted investigations into allegations of parental misconduct and child abuse for the Pierce County Superior Court.
SECURITY OFFICER, Kent & White River School District(s), WA – 08/1996–08/1999. Developed and managed school district security programs. Also investigated student complaints against faculty and staff.
SENIOR PATROLMAN & SWAT TEAM OFFICER, LaGrange Police Department, LaGrange, GA – 02/91–04/96. Completed 1000 hours of advanced police and tactical SWAT training and/or operational experience. Also served as juvenile court investigator, school resource officer, stakeout squad officer, and senior police patrolman.
POLICE OFFICER, Atlanta Police Department, Atlanta, GA – 08/1988–02/1991. Served as police officer employed by a major metropolitan law enforcement agency.
COMMISSIONED & NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER, United States Army – 05/1983 – 06/1988. Served as a commissioned and non-commissioned officer of infantry soldiers. Recognized as a Distinguished Military Graduate of the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School, Class 501-86. Also received numerous awards, decorations, and General Officer Letter’s of Commendation.
AREAS OF EXPERT WITNESS CASEWORK
- Police Practices
- Police Use of Force
- False Arrest
- Police Misconduct
- Criminal Defense
- Self Defense