Professor Gilbertson has been exceeding client expectations as a private investigator and expert witness for nearly 20 years. Greg is also a tenured Criminal Justice Professor at a Washington State community college with 25 years of college and university teaching experience.
As an Expert Witness, Greg has consulted with attorneys on over 100 civil rights and criminal defense cases in 18 states. He has also testified as an expert witness in Police Practices and Use of Force in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
Greg also served two years as an International Police Trainer for the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Defense in Baghdad, Iraq and Kabul, Afghanistan. In Iraq he developed a Bachelor’s degree program in Democratic Policing for the Baghdad Police College. He served later as Deputy Director of the Basrah Training Academy. In Afghanistan Greg served as a Police Policy Developer, Senior Mentor, and NATO Liaison to the the Afghan National Police Academy.
Prior to entering law enforcement, Greg served in the U.S. Army as an infantry soldier and commissioned officer. He received his commission from the U.S. Army Officer Candidate School. Greg was a Distinguished Military Graduate of his OCS class.
After his military service, Greg became a police officer in Atlanta and LaGrange, Georgia. In Atlanta he served as a police patrolman in Zone 3 Precinct. In LaGrange he served as a SWAT team officer, juvenile court investigator, senior patrolman, school resource officer, and stakeout squad member. He has also served as a Guardian ad Litem for at-risk children in Pierce County, Washington.
COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY DEGREES
- Master of Science, Justice Administration, Columbus College, Columbus, GA
- Bachelor of Arts, History, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Atlanta Police Academy, Georgia Peace Officer Certification
- SWAT Officer Certification, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- SWAT Officer Certification, U.S. Army Military Police School
- SWAT Submachine Gun, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Police Tactical Rifle, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Police Tactical Shotgun, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- VIP Executive Protection, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Criminal Procedures, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Interviews & Interrogations, D. Glenn Foster & Associates, Columbus College
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution, Pierce County Center for Dispute Resolution
PROFESSOR (tenured), Criminal Justice Program, Centralia College, Centralia, WA 09/1999–present
- Designed and developed a criminal justice program at a Washington State community college. Authored and developed criminal justice program rated in the “Top Ten” of all online criminal justice degrees in 2018 by BestColleges.com.
SENIOR LECTURER, Criminal Justice, Brandman University, Lacey, WA 08/2010 – 12/2016
- Instructed criminal justice courses to Bachelor’s degree students at Brandman University, a division of Chapman University.
INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, Kabul, Afghanistan (MPRI/Engility Inc.) 11/2008–12/2009
- Senior Mentor and NATO Liaison to commander of Afghan National Police Academy. Advised commander on all aspects of academy operations. Directly responsible for 50 million dollars in academy renovations. Developed policy manual for Afghan National Police.
EXPERT WITNESS & PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, Gilbertson Investigations, Olympia, WA 08/2002–present
- CEO and Agency Principal of private investigations agency specializing in expert witness casework .
SENIOR LECTURER, Criminal Justice, Saint Martin’s University, Lacey, WA 05/1997–11/2008
- Served as senior lecturer of criminal justice for a private, faith-based university at Joint Base Lewis-McChord for 11 years.
INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, Baghdad & Basrah, Iraq (MPRI/Engility Inc.) 05/2005–06/2006
- Supervised instruction of 500 Iraqi police cadets as Deputy Director of United Kingdom’s Basrah Training Academy. Designed and developed curriculum for Baghdad Police College.
DISTRICT SECURITY OFFICER, Kent & White River School District(s), Kent & Buckley, WA 08/1996–08/1999
- Developed and managed a school district security program. Investigated student complaints against faculty and staff.
GUARDIAN ad LITEM / PARENTING INVESTIGATOR, Pierce County Superior Court, Tacoma, WA 09/1997–09/1999
- Conducted investigations into allegations of child abuse made during dissolution and custody proceedings for the superior court.
SENIOR PATROLMAN, SWAT Officer, Juvenile Investigator, LaGrange Police Department, GA 02/1991–04/1996
- Completed 1000 hours of police training, SWAT training, and operational experience. Also served as juvenile court investigator, school resource officer, stakeout squad officer, and senior police patrolman.
POLICE OFFICER, Atlanta Bureau of Police Services, Atlanta, GA 08/1988–02/1991
- Primary law enforcement focus on street-level crime, narcotics enforcement, and domestic violence intervention.