Professor Gregory Gilbertson has exceeded client expectations for nearly 20 years. As an Expert Witness, he has consulted on over 100 civil rights and criminal cases in 18 states. As a private investigator, he’s conducted hundreds of pretrial investigations for criminal defense attorneys.
COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY DEGREES
- Master’s Degree, Justice Administration, Columbus College
- Bachelor Degree, History, University of Washington
- Atlanta Police Academy, Peace Officer Certification
- SWAT Certification, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- SWAT Certification, U.S. Army Military Police Schoolr
- SWAT Machine Gun, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Police Tactical Rifle, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Police Shotgun, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Criminal Procedures, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Interviews & Interrogations I & II, Columbus College
- Executive Protection, Georgia Public Safety Training Center
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution, Pierce County Center for Dispute Resolution
- Guardian ad Litem / Parenting Investigator Certification, Pierce County Superior Court
1. CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROFESSOR (tenured), Centralia College, Centralia, WA 09/1999–present
- Designed, developed, and instructs criminal justice curriculum at a Washington State community college. Criminal Justice program rated a “Top Ten” online associates degree in 2018 by BestColleges.com.
2. SENIOR LECTURER, Criminal Justice, Brandman University, Lacey, WA 08/2010 – 12/2016
- Instructed criminal justice and organizational leadership courses to students at Brandman University, a division of the Chapman University System. 2013 Exceptional Faculty Award recipient.
3. INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, Kabul, Afghanistan (MPRI/Engility Inc.) 11/2008–12/2009
- Senior Mentor and NATO Liaison to Afghan National Police Academy. Advised the commander on all aspects of academy operations, curriculum, and policy. Directly responsible for 50 million dollars in academy renovations.
4. EXPERT WITNESS & PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, Olympia, WA 08/2002–present
- CEO of a nationwide private investigations agency specializing in criminal defense and expert witness casework .
5. SENIOR LECTURER, Criminal Justice, Saint Martin’s University, Lacey, WA 05/1997–11/2008
- Instructed criminal justice and social science courses for a faith-based university at Joint Base Lewis-McChord for 11 years.
6. INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINER, Baghdad & Basrah, Iraq (MPRI/Engility Inc.) 05/2005–06/2006
- Supervised instruction of 500 Iraqi police cadets as Deputy Director of United Kingdom’s Basrah Training Academy. Designed and developed democratic policing Bachelor’s degree curriculum for Baghdad Police College.
7. DISTRICT SECURITY OFFICER, Kent & White River School District(s), WA 08/1996–08/1999
- Served as a District Security Officer and Intervention Specialist in two (2) school district security programs. Investigated crimes committed on school district property. Also investigated complaints of faculty and staff misconduct.
8. GUARDIAN ad LITEM / PARENTING INVESTIGATOR, Pierce County Superior Court, Tacoma, WA 09/1997–09/1999
- Conducted investigations into allegations of child abuse and neglect made by parents during custody and dissolution proceedings in superior court.
9. SENIOR PATROLMAN & SWAT TEAM OFFICER, City LaGrange Police Department, GA 02/1991–04/1996
- Completed approximately 300 hours of SWAT and advanced training. Also served as SWAT Team officer, senior patrolman (Corporal), juvenile court investigator, school resource officer, and stakeout squad member.
10. POLICE OFFICER, Atlanta Bureau of Police Services, City of Atlanta, GA 08/1988–02/1991
- Completed 720 hours of basic peace officer certification coursework with 93% academic average. Performed duties of Atlanta Police Officer assigned to Zone 3 Precinct.
11. U.S. ARMY INFANTRY OFFICER, Fort Benning, GA, 05/1983 – 06/1988
- Distinguished Military Graduate, U.S. Army Officer Candidate School
- Received numerous awards, decorations, and General Officer Letter’s of Commendation
- U.S. Army Basic Training, Airborne School, Infantry Officer Basic Course, & Bradley Fighting Vehicle Commander Course